Department: Front of House
FLSA Status: Non -Exempt
Work Schedule: M- Sun, Variable 5am - 8 pm
Effective Date: July 16, 2018
Job Status: Full - Time / Part - Time
Reports To: Bar Managers, General Manager
Positions Supervised: N/A
Stay Golden is an elevated roastery and restaurant seeking a talented barkeeper familiar with the execution of exceptional bar and coffee programs and articulating high-end creative cuisine. We’re looking for a committed individual who enjoys crafting exciting beverages and creating guest experiences that are warm and hospitable. The candidate will assist the Bar Manager in executing and preparing drinks to the exact specifications of the menu. The position will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction, collaborating on bar efficiency, and organizational goals. We’re looking for a professional who is willing to create a culture of purpose and integrity. The successful candidate will set high standards for themselves as well as a desire to elevate the culinary experience for the guest.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work alongside Bar Manager as well as fellow floor staff to manage bar organization, efficiently complete preparatory tasks, assist in training opportunities, and execute menu implementation.
- Maintain drink quality standards and consistency by following designated recipes.
- Ensure that the bar meets goals and standards that adhere to an internal code of conduct.
- Provide guidance to junior bar staff members, including, but not limited to, drink making, giving exceptional service, and communicating standards of quality.
- Oversee, monitor, and organize stock and ingredients attributed to the station.
- Ensures a first-in, first-out rotation system and verifies all food and drink products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Foster a learning culture and teachable attitude by actively participating in educational opportunities and scheduled trainings, engaging in the local coffee and cocktail scene and self-motivated education.
SUCCESS FACTORS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Communication and Listening - Must be a skilled communicator, director and motivator. Ability to fully listen and understand co-workers and leadership and address their needs appropriately.
- Teamwork -Team player and ability to work well with managers and staff. Collaborative and compromising, able to foster a positive work environment.
- Leadership and Honesty - Gain the trust of co-workers and management, and strive to be ethical in all decisions.
- Energetic - Must possess a positive attitude and eagerness to work to complete assignments in a timely fashion, and strive to maintain the highest standards at all times.
- Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail, Knowledge of Restaurant Regulations, Leadership, Management, Positivity, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
- Understanding of various drink making methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of working with restaurant management
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to safely operate small and large appliances in a bar setting.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with potentially dangerous trade tools.