FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Mon–Sun, Variable 5am–8 pm
Effective Date: January 1st, 2020
Job Status: Full-Time / Part-Time
Reports To: Executive Chef, Sous Chef
Positions Supervised: N/A
Stay Golden is an elevated roastery and restaurant seeking a talented cook with experience executing and preparing high-end creative cuisine. We’re looking for a committed individual who is willing to participate in crafting inventive and seasonal menus and dishes. The candidate will assist the Head Chef and the Sous Chef in executing and preparing food to the exact specifications of the menu. The position will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction, collaborating on kitchen efficiency, and organizational goals. We’re looking for a professional who is willing to create a culture of purpose and integrity. The successful candidate will set high standards for themselves as well as a desire to elevate the culinary experience for the guest.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works alongside Head chef and sous chef as well as fellow kitchen staff to manage kitchen organization, efficiently complete preparatory tasks, assist in training opportunities, and execute menu implementation.
- Provides food quality standards and consistency by following designated recipes.
- Ensure that the pastry department meets goals and standards that meets an internal code of conduct.
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited to, line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Oversees, monitors, and organizes stock and ingredients attributed to the station.
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
SUCCESS FACTORS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Communication and Listening - Must be a skilled communicator, director and motivator. Ability to fully listen and understand co-workers and leadership and address their needs appropriately.
- Teamwork -Team player and ability to work well with managers and staff. Collaborative and compromising, able to foster a positive work environment.
- Leadership and Honesty - Gain the trust of co-workers and management, and strive to be ethical in all decisions.
- Energetic - Must possess a positive attitude and eagerness to work to complete assignments in a timely fashion, and strive to maintain the highest standards at all times.
- Formal Culinary Training
- 1+ years of experience in a Professional Restaurant Kitchen
- Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail, Knowledge of Restaurant Regulations, Leadership, Management, Positivity, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of working with kitchen management
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to safely operate small and large appliances in a kitchen setting.
- Must be comfortable around equipment that operates in excess of 400 degrees.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with potentially dangerous trade tools