Department: Front of House
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Shift Leader, GM
Work Schedule: Variable, Including Weekend
Positions Supervised: None
Effective Date: July 23, 2018
Last Revision Date: July 12, 2018
The primary objective of the server is to consistently provide each guest with an exceptional and memorable dining experience.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome guests and orient them to Stay Golden service experience
- Provide digital menus to patrons and help to personalize the experience by offering recommendations and being prepared to answer any questions about the menu.
- Effectively communicate how to place food and beverage orders and be prepared to enter them into the POS system, if necessary.
- Check patrons’ identification to ensure that they meet all requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Provide attentive service by checking with patrons to guarantee they are enjoying their experience and take immediate action to correct any issues.
- If there are any issues, notify the appropriate supervisor so they are aware of the situation.
- Work with other restaurant employees to present an enjoyable dining experience to patrons.
- Ensure guests understand how to pay and complete their transaction.
- Keep the tables free of dirty dishes through pre-bussing any empty glassware, debris, empty bottles, plate ware, silverware, etc.
- Clean tables after patrons have finished dining.
- Restocks and prepares supplies for shift change and/or close.
- Responsible for side and closing work as assigned and maintaining cleanliness.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Adherence to Stay Golden cash handling and payment processing procedures
- All other duties as assigned.
SUCCESS FACTORS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Communication and Listening - Must be a skilled communicator, director and motivator. Ability to fully listen and understand co-workers and leadership and address their needs appropriately.
- Teamwork -Team player and ability to work well with mangers and staff. Collaborative and compromising, able to foster a positive work environment.
- Leadership and Honesty - Gain the trust of co-workers and management, and strive to be ethical in all decisions.
- Energetic - Must possess a positive attitude and eagerness to work to complete assignments in a timely fashion, and strive to maintain the highest standards at all times.
- Must have basic knowledge of dining and service procedures
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must obtain and maintain ABC servers permit